The frozen cilantro margarita was my favorite drink that I tried in Bogotá, Colombia. So much so that I had to recreate it. Here is my take on the most refreshing margarita you’ll ever try! A must for the summer – try it, you won’t be disappointed. Perfect for hot days, this drink will cool you down!
This recipe for the cilantro margarita serves 4-6 six people. Adjust proportionately for lesser sizes.
Cilantro Margarita Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro
- A pinch of sea salt
- One cup of white tequila
- 1/2 cup of fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup of simple syrup
- Ice Cubes
Cilantro Margarita Directions
- In a blender, blend the cilantro, lime juice, tequila, and salt until liquid.
- In a blender, add ice cubes to fill an average size blender. Run-on ice crush until smooth.
- Pour into a cold glass with salt on the rim and garnish with fresh mint and serve.
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think, or if you adjust it, let me know how in the comments below. I look forward to hearing from those who try my take on the Colombian frozen cilantro margarita – enjoy!
Looking for more posts in South America? Start here:
- Bars In Bogota, Colombia – The Red Room
- Colonia Uruguay from Argentina
- Iguazu Falls – Brazil and Argentina
- Rio de Janeiro Brazil
- Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá – Bogotá, Colombia
- Travel to Argentina – What You Need to Know
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best travel tips and inspirational stories delivered monthly. No spam, no sales pitches – TRAVEL!
Brit On The Move™ Travel Resources
Ready to book your next trip? Use these resources that work:
- Book your Hotel: Find the best prices; use Booking.com
- Find Apartment Rentals: You will find the best prices on apartment rentals with Booking.com’s Apartment Finder.
- Travel Insurance: Don’t leave home without it. View our suggestions to help you decide which travel insurance is for you: Travel Insurance Guide.
- Want to earn tons of points and make your next trip accessible? Check out our recommendations for Travel Credit Cards.
- Want To Take A Volunteer Vacation or a Working Holiday? Check out the complete guide to how here!
- Want to Shop For Travel Accessories? Check out our Travel Shop.
Need more help planning your trip? Check out our Resources Page, highlighting the great companies we trust when traveling.
Leave A Comment