Got a trip coming up that includes more than one hotel or flight? Then the TripIt travel app is the best travel app you need. TripIt will instantly create a master itinerary for each trip that you can access anytime, anywhere.
I often read articles about the latest best travel app. Or list’s citing the upcoming year’s best. Some seem apparent, like Airbnb, Uber, Skype, WhatsApp, Currency converters, etc. In some cases, the recommended apps don’t stack up. For example, HotelTonight will come upon many lists. I’ve tried it many times, and never once have I found a deal better than Kayak or Hotels.com. The apps suggested don’t solve a real problem like an app to track your time in the sun. Seriously, when did we stop using clocks?
I stumbled across a recommendation for the best travel apps. Somehow, I previously missed the TripIt App. And it’s a game-changer.
A longtime fan of multiple leg trips hitting various locations. It’s always a challenge to organize the logistics and make sure that everything lines up. I’ve been doing this manually for years using Excel, then printing out every reservation page by page for backup. Not anymore!
We have an upcoming trip that includes nine flights, five hotels, and soon-to-be added car rentals. Four of us are traveling, and each couple booked their flights. That’s a lot to track, so I tried TripIt for this trip. Guess what, in a few mere minutes, I had a one-stop itinerary. And, TripIt caught an error on one of my hotels where I had booked the wrong dates. It is the best travel app I’ve used to date. I now can’t live without it.
By far, my favorite new app of 2018 (even if I am late to the party). This is going to revolutionize all my planning.
Here is why this is the best travel app and why you should be using it:
- It’s free and available via smartphone or computer. For me, this is huge. I spend half of my time on a computer. Not to mention, I find using the computer easier.
- It’s super easy to use. Just forward your confirmation emails, or let TripIt access your mailbox, and the app will create a sample itinerary for you that includes maps.
- If you are traveling in a group, you can forward everyone’s emails from your account to the itinerary you have set up.
- You can merge itineraries. FYI: The system automatically creates a plan for each country. Just use the merge feature.
- You can add other travelers and then share the itinerary.
- The app will put everything, including check-in and check out, in chronological order. You can still print if you want a backup. I always do this just in case I can’t access the Internet.
- It shows you detailed info for each reservation like terminals, gates, layover time, booked through, booking reference codes, frequent flyer miles, etc. FYI: When using the app, click on each segment to view the details.
- Unlike other apps, it doesn’t matter where you book. TripIt can manage it all as soon as you book a flight, hotel, car, or other reservation, forward your plans.
Want to keep track of real-time changes? Upgrade to TripIt Pro. This one is not free, it’s $49 a year, but they offer a 30-day free trial that I will give a whirl in November.
Let me know what you think of my new best friend!
Looking for more Travel Hacks? Start here:
- 6 Reasons To Choose An Inside Cruise Cabin
- 20 Best Ways to Earn Lots of Credit Card Rewards Points
- Airline Passenger Rights – The 12 Steps to Handle Flight Cancellations
- Disney World Resorts on A Dime
- Eight Travel Hacks That Are Bull
- Multi-City Flights – A Travel Hack You Need to Know!
- RCI Reservations – How to Make One
- Timeshare Resale – Why You Should Buy One
- What Is REAL ID and How Will It Affect Me?
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.