Before getting into details on cheap travel destinations in the USA, let’s consider the ‘hows’ and ‘whys’ of traveling. So why should you travel? Heading out to what are the best travel destinations has a good share of benefits. Traveling benefits include:
- It keeps you healthy by preventing the risks of heart disease
- Reduces the chances of depression
- Boosts satisfaction and happiness
- Enhances your creativity
- Relieves stress and improves your mental health
- Educates and exposures you to different cultures
- Broadens your horizons and perspectives
How should you travel now that we’ve got the benefits of traveling? Well, there are several factors to consider before you pack your bags. For instance, the primary factor is drafting your list of travel destinations.
The thing is, the destinations will affect the rest of the considerations. Let’s say you want a Loan Solution Payday Loan to fund your accommodation or recreational charges. You can’t borrow the correct amount since you don’t know the budget you need. It’s even more difficult now since you don’t have any travel destinations during COVID in mind to set a budget.
So what are good travel destinations in the world? You can land in many places globally, but the USA commands the attention of tourists worldwide. Of course, we can’t rule out Africa, which is a must-go destination for most tourists. But the article focuses on people who haven’t been to the USA and are looking to explore cheap travel destinations in the USA.
Why Should You Visit the United States of America?
Many people want to visit the USA at least once in their lifetime. There’s a lot of hype on why the USA is among the most desired travel destinations. Since we’re already on it, let’s consider what makes the USA an excellent travel destination:
Top Three Reasons
- Diversity. The US hosts people from different regions and cultures. It’s a perfect blend of beliefs, colors, behavior, adaptations, and experiences from the same area. You will never fail to come across someone from your motherland.
- Scenic Views. The US has different landscapes that offer multiple panoramic views. You can enjoy the mountain ranges, rolling hills, beaches, sunset skies, clear blue waters, and vibrant greenery. And you won’t ever have the pleasure of observing and looking at the travel destinations’ pictures.
- You are thriving in Tourism. The welcoming attitude of Americans is the main reason the country’s tourism sector is booming. And you should experience it, too.
- Evolving Style. The fashion style in the US is ever-evolving. There’s always a different hair color, makeup look, kind of jeans, or design in dresses whenever you pay a second visit.
- Appreciation of Individualism. The US accommodates people from different places, making it an ideal travel destination. You won’t feel left out when you do your typical routine. There are no general rules to run your lifestyle.
- Museums. The US is recognized for its over 35,000 museums around the country. Each museum presents a particular aspect of the history and traditions of the US. There’s a lot to learn from them.
- Delicious Food. Among the travel destination questions many tourists ask is if American cuisine is delicious. Restaurants all over the US prepare delicious meals for their customers. There is so much cuisine to try in the states it can be overwhelming.
- A Different Way of Life. A visit to the US will give you a temporary experience of what being an American is like. Citizens are compassionate, welcoming, and understanding, making your short stay worthwhile.
- Small Towns and Big Cities. The country can accommodate different personalities. If you enjoy clubbing or gambling, the big cities will give you nightlife to remember. The small towns are for the laid-back people who want peace and relaxation.
Cheap Travel Destinations In The USA
Finally! What you’ve been waiting for! You don’t have to think about how to research the cheapest travel destinations in the USA. We have done it for you. This guide will help you decide the best locations. You can still visit the US despite being on a low budget. All you have to do is visit affordable destinations to enjoy the best deals.
So what are the cheapest travel destinations? Below are the must-visit cheap travel destinations in the USA:
San Antonio, Texas
San Antonio is among the cheapest cities in the US. And it hosts some exciting attractions. It has a blend of Mexican and American cultures. The 18th-century Alamo Mission is what San Antonio is renowned for, and it’s freely accessible. Some cheap things to enjoy there include visiting the Japanese Tea Garden and San Pedro Creek Culture Park.
The Japanese Tea Garden hosts beautiful sights and is ideal for a romantic walk. San Pedro Creek Culture Park combines history, culture, and art. You will enjoy the time wherever you go.
Daytona is ideal for tourists looking to enjoy a beach experience on a budget. The city covers over 23 miles of sandy beaches, and it’s cheaper than other cities in the US. Daytona has an endless list of free things and affordable restaurants and hotels.
While in the city, take a free guided visit around the Angell & Phelps Chocolate Factory. Don’t fail to tour Daytona Beach, which offers a free bandshell concert. A long walk along the sandy beach is ideal for honeymooners who might be lucky to come across sea turtles. The Southeast Museum of Photography is a must-stop for those who love photography.
If you are looking to do something really unusual to do in Daytona, consider taking a Segway Tour!
New Orleans, Louisiana
New Orleans is another stop for a budget-friendly destination in the US. You can wander through the old cemetery or hang out in the famous French Quarter. Other free or cheap activities include enjoying good live music on the street corners, getting a streetcar for rides around the city, and trying out the local food. It is amazing!
You can also visit the Lower 9th Ward Living Museum or join a Second Line parade. It would help if you also tried to avoid any expensive or popular hotels to save up on the accommodation charges.
Want to enjoy historical sites, delicious cuisines, and brewery tours? Philadelphia is the place to be. The locals are friendly, and there are cheap & safe accommodations and good public transport.
One fantastic thing is that you can get a daily independence pass that allows you to ride on any bus, subway, trolley, or train. It costs only $11. You can also visit the Independence Hall, The Rocky Statue, the Rocky Steps to the Philadelphia Museum of Art, the United States Mint, and Elfreth’s Alley.
All of them are free!
St. Augustine, Florida
St. Augustine is a city for sunny and warm vacations. It is packed with history and culture. While in the city, you can visit Castillo de San Marcos, explore the Old City and Old Jail, and take a stroll along St. Augustine beach.
It would be best to visit the Anastasia State Park and learn history from the Fountain of Youth Archaeological Park. You can also try hiking at the national parks on the east coast, as it’s cheap.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
If you’re searching for details about the rich Native American history and culture, you shouldn’t look further. Albuquerque is packed with museums and gallery tours. The Harvey House Museum will give you the history of the old railroad, while The Maxwell Museum of Anthropology will tell you how the desert landscape has changed people’s lifestyles.
If you are looking to do something really unusual to do in New Mexico, consider taking the Breaking Bad Tour!
Touring the historic Old Town of Albuquerque will expose you to countless restaurants, shops, and museums. The Open Space is ideal for hiking or biking, and the Petroglyph National Monument will give you a great view of New Mexico.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Also known as ‘The Big Friendly,’ Oklahoma is a budget-friendly destination. There’s a historic old Route 66 that runs through the city. It houses museums and landscapes, including the famous Oklahoma State Capitol.
Some interesting places to visit on a budget include the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum. The American Banjo Museum and the Frontier City are alternative visits. It would help if you didn’t miss out on the Oklahoma National Memorial and Museum and Wild West at Stockyards City.
There are plenty of fun activities in the Paseo Arts District. You can also hire a car and drive to the Keystone Ancient Forest for adventure.
Charleston, South Carolina
Charleston is among the best travel destinations for couples. The beautiful waterfront parks, surrounding barrier islands, and piers are must-visit locations. The hotels and the city’s CARTA bus system are affordable, making the destination ideal for a budget-friendly vacation.
Folly beach is probably the best place to explore the city. You should also visit the Charleston Tea Plantation and stroll around Charleston City Market.
Kansas City, Missouri
BBQ is the primary attraction in Kansas. Some exciting things to try out in the city include visiting the Boulevard Brewing Company. You can also stop by the art studio in Kaleidoscope or enjoy the free KC Streetcar.
You can grab a bite at the River Market, visit the money reserve to learn about the Federal Reserve, or enjoy a good time at the Crossroads Art District. A visit to Kauffman Legacy Park can lead to seeking out the Secret Garden.
Tips on Traveling to the USA on a Low Budget
Some of the tips for traveling on a budget include:
- Visit your desired location during the low season
- Check for the local bus or cab charges for your transportation to different sites
- Balance your meals to avoid overspending
- Fill up your water bottle at your accommodation location to avoid buying water.
- Walk where you can if the areas are close to your accommodation
There! You’ve got a glimpse into the American lifestyle and the land’s beauty. While the visiting experience won’t be the same as living in the US, it’s worth exploring. Don’t forget your camera and sunglasses to take memorable photos during your stay! Do you want to travel to the US? Which travel destinations are you planning to visit? Are they affordable? Leave a comment.
About The Author
Daniel Miller is an experienced specialist in the business and financial area. Daniel has also worked as a financial advisor at a bank and provided consulting and advice about budgets, savings, insurance, stocks, retirement funds, tax advice, etc. He is currently doing specific research on the topic.
Looking for more Travel Hacks? Start here:
- 7 Tips for Eco-Friendly Travel
- 10 Best Packing Tips From Travel Experts
- How to Book the Cheapest Hotel Possible
- How to Choose the Best Car Seat for Children
- Planning A Trip During Covid
- Minimoon – What Is One and Why Do You Need One?
- Must-Have Camping Gear You Can’t Afford to Miss This Camping Season
- Straw Hats for Women – Sun Protection in Style While Traveling
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best travel tips and inspirational stories delivered monthly. No spam, no sales pitches – TRAVEL!
Brit On The Move™ Travel Resources
Ready to book your next trip? Use these resources that work:
- Book your Hotel: Find the best prices; use Booking.com
- Find Apartment Rentals: You will find the best prices on apartment rentals with Booking.com’s Apartment Finder.
- Travel Insurance: Don’t leave home without it. View our suggestions to help you decide which travel insurance is for you: Travel Insurance Guide.
- Want to earn tons of points and make your next trip accessible? Check out our recommendations for Travel Credit Cards.
- Want To Take A Volunteer Vacation or a Working Holiday? Check out the complete guide to how here!
- Want to Shop For Travel Accessories? Check out our Travel Shop.
Need more help planning your trip? Check out our Resources Page, highlighting the great companies we trust when traveling.
I like this article and must say that nice sort of stuff had shared here. I recommend people should explore these places.
Never knew that New Orleans lie in the category of budget friendly destination. As I am planning for a trip there this summer with my fam. Thanks a lot for sharing this.
We love to travel. It is a good idea to keep it cheap. That way you can go more places.