The base fare of a cruise includes most things, but are the free thing you can do on The Oasis of the Seas? Well, there’s a lot of free stuff to do. Understanding what’s free or “included” will help you stick to a budget. Or, if you are on a limited budget this guide will help you minimize your spending. The Oasis Class of ships are floating resorts and there’s no need to spend on activities because so much is included!
Here’s the most comprehensive list of the free activities you can do on-board Royal Caribbean‘s Oasis of the Seas!
Free Activities On The Oasis of the Seas
1. Watch a Broadway show like Cats or Hairspray
2. Join the street dancing on Broadway
3. Ice skate in the ice-skating arena – one of the only ice rinks at sea!
4. Sunbathe on Skywalk sundeck
5. Enjoy adult-only time in the Solarium
6. Play poker, rummy, or other games in the card room
7. Burn calories in the fitness center
8. Experience surfing on a boogie board on the FlowRider surf simulator
9. Practice stand-up surfing on the FlowRider surf simulator
10. Watch people master surfing or boogie boarding on the FlowRider surf simulator
11. Stargaze or try astronomy on any of the promenades, the sky views at sea are unmatched
12. Belly laugh at one of many comedies shows
13. Sing along to live piano music at Schooner Bar
14. Read a book in the library
15. Try rock climbing and not just an ordinary rock wall one that towers over the Aqua Theater
16. Slide down the Ultimate Abyss℠ the tallest slide at sea – ten stories to be exact
17. Get some peace and quiet away from the crowds in the library
18. Stroll through the Central Park Neighborhood
19. Watch Come Fly with Me show at The Aqua Theater on one of the deepest pools at sea
20. Watch the Splish Splash Comedy Dive Show at The Aqua Theater
21. Play a game of table tennis
22. Swim laps in one of four pools aboard
23. Get into the groove at Dazzles disco and show off your dance moves
24. Master miniature golf on deck 15
25. Pig out on pizza at Sorrento’s
26. Dunk hoops on the basketball court
27. Attend an art auction, there is no obligation to buy, and it is educational, and a free glass of bubbly is often included
28. View all of the ship’s artwork, you could spend hours on different floors viewing the art
29. Soak your muscles in one of ten hot tubs onboard
30. Watch drinks being made at the Robotic Bar
31. Watch Frozen in Time – the Ice Show
32. Pose for formal pictures at any of the photo stations, you do not have to buy the photos unless you love them
33. Ride the water slides in the H2O Zone waterpark
34. Run on the outdoor track
35. Walk on the outdoor track
36. Attend a fitness class
37. Zipline from one side of the ship to the other
38. Go to a deck party
39. See wildlife at sea – it is not guaranteed but you might get to see whales or dolphins
40. Participate in a craft workshop
41. Join special guest lectures – these are often from authors or other prominent guests
42. Visit the teen’s Hangout Tonight teen-only zone
43. Enjoy listing to cover bands at Music Hall
44. Look through the “Small Wonders” binoculars scattered across the boat – look inside each one and you’ll see something unique
45. Ride the carousel on Boardwalk
46. Watch an outdoor movie at the Aqua Theater
47. Ride the Perfect Storm Waterslide
48. Splish splash in gallons of water at Splashaway Bay
49. Explore Adventure Ocean – the complimentary program for kids of all ages
50. Sing your heart at Just Duet Karaoke you can go on stage or get a private room
51. Dance to hip-hop at Blaze
52. Grab a drink on the Rising Tide bar
53. Play laser tag *Note, currently closed due to covid
54. Eat a sandwich or salad at Park Café
55. Hit the Windjammer Café buffet and stuff yourself silly
56. Dine at Solarium Bistro and enjoy lunch or breakfast
57. Visit the Wipeout Café and enjoy the ice-cream
58. Window shop the vast collection of shops; it is fun to look and fantasize
59. Get sweets from Cafe Promenade
60. Take advantage of free breakfast at Johnny Rockets
61. Eat lobster in the Main Dining Room, it is included on at least one night
62. Order room, there is nothing better than having food and drinks delivered right to your room
63. Enjoy a parade on the Royal Promenade
63. Play the virtual reality games on Royal Caribbean‘s app for a smartphone
65. Watch the ship’s wake, you can do this on several decks or watch from the TV in your cabin
65. Skip the elevator and get your walking steps in – you will see different artwork on each floor and each flight of stairs
67. Attend a jewelry presentation, gain, no obligation to buy and you will be entered into a raffle and could win a cool piece!
68. Listen to live Latin music at Boleros
69. Take a dance class, there are many offered daily
70. Compete in a belly flop competition
71. Watch or compete in the world’s sexiest man competition
72. See the acrobatics show
73. Take a dance class or two
74. Get Jazzy at Jazz on 4
75. Take pictures of your towel art or with your towel art
76. Watch sports on the TVs at On Air
77. Journal your trip on your balcony or one of the public areas
78. Test your trivia knowledge at one of the many trivia games
79. Join in the pub games
80. Watch a complimentary movie in your cabin
81. Explore the ports of call, you don’t have to take a tour you can explore the ports on foot for free
So there you have it! An extensive list of free activities on the Oasis Of The Seas! If you can think of any more than me feel free to fill me, drop your comments below!
Looking for articles on cruising? Start here:
- 6 Reasons To Choose An Inside Cruise Cabin
- 20 Ways To Save Money On Your First Cruise – A Guide For Newbies
- Oasis of The Seas – The Amplified Version
- Vacation On A Cruise – Why It’s For Everyone!
We participate in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best travel tips and inspirational stories delivered monthly. No spam, no sales pitches – TRAVEL!
Brit On The Move™ Travel Resources
Ready to book your next trip? Use these resources that work:
- Book your Hotel: Find the best prices; use Booking.com
- Find Apartment Rentals: You will find the best prices on apartment rentals with Booking.com’s Apartment Finder.
- Travel Insurance: Don’t leave home without it. View our suggestions to help you decide which travel insurance is for you: Travel Insurance Guide.
- Want to earn tons of points and make your next trip accessible? Check out our recommendations for Travel Credit Cards.
- Want To Take A Volunteer Vacation or a Working Holiday? Check out the complete guide to how here!
- Want to Shop For Travel Accessories? Check out our Travel Shop.
Need more help planning your trip? Check out our Resources Page, highlighting the great companies we trust when traveling.
these activities are truly entertaining